[OpenAFS] Changing Kerberos Server?

Matthew N. Andrews matt@slackers.net
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 08:47:06 -0700

>No, this would mean that it is NOT getting the service ticket from
>Kerberos.  Unfortunately I dont think translate_et is actually
>returning the right return code:
>
>-1765328228 (krb5).156 = unknown RPC error (-1765328228)
>
>I dont think this is really an unknown RPC error.  However, it
>definitely means that you're having a problem obtaining the AFS
>service ticket.  If you "klist" you will probably _not_ have the AFS
>key in there.

I've seen the case where some kdc's return an error if the afs key does
not exist that
some aklogs don't understand. in particular, for example the aklog in
the redhat
openafs 1.2.5 rpms tries afs/cell.name@REALM.NAME and if it's talking to
a heimdal
kdc doesn't understand the return code and thus doesn't proceed to trying
afs@REALM.NAME. other(MIT) kdcs return a different error code for this
condition
which aklog identifies as "key does not exist" and goes on to try
afs@REALM.NAME.
I think that the afs-kerberos5 migration kit contains an aklog that does
the right thing.
I can't remember if the afslog from arla does the right thing or not.

-Matthew Andrews