[OpenAFS] vos release

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:37:41 -0400

I can confirm this behavior.

I've used AFS with file servers in different sites, hundreds of
miles away.

Normally everything went just groovy, but occasionally when the WAN
links flaked (thanks NYNEX) we would see terrible performance problems
when doing a vos relase.

If you didn't know what was happening (say, because the vos release
was part of your useradd script, and it just seemingly hung there
forever), or just because you were impatient,  and you hit control-c,
the vos release process would die and the volume would be locked, and
the replica at the remote site would be hosed.