[OpenAFS] afs throws tokens away (linux)

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs 6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:27:19 +0200

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

Hiho!

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs schrieb:
> &<
> > AFAIK /var/log/auth.log will show any (Pam-)session that is started.
> &<
> > Cron-Jobs are covered by auth.log, too.
> &<
>=20
> Ok, i recall that the bug happened to me without any other pam-session
> being started. I did a "watch tokens" in a shell, listened to mp3s and
> edited a file in emacs, and the token disappeared.
My recollection was apparently wrong. I noticed that there weren't any
pags set on any login session and i also noticed an easy way to reproduce
the problem: Simply logon to another console, log out again, and the
token in the first login session will go away.

So Derrick and FBO were correct in assuming that some other session
without a pag made the token go away.

My problem was due to an unpatched version of libpam-openafs-krb5, which
in the debian version issues "aklog -setpag" and in the unpatched
version that i used, simply "aklog". I patched this version to issue an
"aklog -setpag" upon logon, and my problem went away (after watching it
for a week, without any tokens getting lost, i'm very sure of it).

Thanks to anybody who listened :-)
Kind regards
	Friedel
--=20
	Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--