[OpenAFS] fileserver change

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:07:10 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 Jul 2002, Jinwei Shen wrote:

> The debian/openafs-client package puts the CellServDB file in
> directory of /etc/openafs/, and that is the file I edited. I think
> it's the right file since the new server was shown up in the output of
> "fs listservers" before I excuted the command of "fs newcell".

This is correct.  If you build with transarc paths, the standard locations
are /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB for clients, and /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB for
servers.

If you build with GNU-style paths (which is how the Linux binaries are
configured), the standard locations are /etc/openafs/CellServDB for
clients, and /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB for servers