[OpenAFS] rpms on Red Hat 6.2 SMP systems

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:08:33 -0400

On 09 Aug 2002, Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> ok, well, I can either change this or remove the tasklist_lock from
> afs_osi.c as suggested by kolya.  I don't particularly care which, but
> I can build a -2 release for RH6.2 once we decide on the "right"
> change to make.

Actually, given that GCPAGs support isn't SMP-safe right now (both
on 2.2 and 2.4 kernels) and chances are it won't be enabled for
2.2 kernels later on anyway (as Derrick points out), I'm leaning
towards Derrick's suggestion as well.  For whatever that's worth.

-- kolya