[OpenAFS] New OpenAFS Cell: lns.mit.edu

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:50:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, J Maynard Gelinas wrote:

>   Our test cell has gone production! I've just finished mirgating most of
> the linux clients at the MIT Laboratory For Nuclear Science to
> OpenLDAP+krb5+AFS and except for a few hiccups it's been quite stable.
> Currently we have three database servers and five file servers. The File
> servers are IA32 host + SCSI RAID going SX fiber Gb or Gb/TP hung off of
> Cisco 4000s and one 6000, separated by buildings throughout the lab.
> Clients go 100Mb directly to each switch. Performance is *quite good*. :)
>
>   Thanks and kudos to the many OpenAFS developers and technical writers
> who provided the tools necessary to make this happen. :)
>
>   So, how do I get our new cell included in the distribution CellServDB?

In answer to your original question...

The OpenAFS distributions that include a CellServDB generally use the
GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG Public CellServDB, which is maintained as a service to
the AFS community, particularly those running older clients which don't
support AFSDB.  The most recent version can always be obtained from

  /afs/grand.central.org/service/CellServDB
  ftp://grand.central.org/pub/cellservdb/CellServDB
  http://grand.central.org/dl/cellservdb/CellServDB

To get your cell added, send a copy of your entry to
cellservdb@grand.central.org.