[OpenAFS] can't mount AFS on /afs

Michael rmdf@stimble.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:13:47 -0700 (PDT)

> my problems were with /afs not having the correct file permissions in
> the  UNIX file system.  make sure /afs is mote 755 and owned by root.
I checked, and it is owned by root and is mode 755.

> i did find a problem with my setup under AIX with 1.2.6 and had to
> resort  to installing with 1.2.3.  once the first machine was installed
> i updated  to 1.2.6.
> under aix, the /vicepa partitions also apprears to be owned by sys
>
> drwxr-sr-x   3 sys      sys          512 Aug 14 11:55 vicepa/
Do I need to set /vicepa sticky bit?  I hope not.

> make sure that you have a token for admin.
Do you mean the setup step where i did the ka stuff?
ka> create admin
ka> setfields admin -flags admin
I followed all this stuff from the openafs docs. Is there something i must
do to get a token that is not in the Docs?  Or if it is in the docs what
step is it?  I have never used kerberos before (and i think i can see
why:(    How could i check?

>If you did not start the client, /afs is nothing more than an ordinary
>directory
the client?  is this the bos create upclientt.... command from the install
docs?  anything to do with afsd?
>Is there anything in the syslog?
unfortunatley not.

>Have you got a valid /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB? It should be a copy of
>/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB.
I do.  It is /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB is a symlink to
/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB.my CellServDB says:
    >pbpl   #Cell name
    128.xxx.xx.xx    #corona

Thanks for the help,
-michael