[OpenAFS] fsck in metadevice using lvm in solaris 8

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
16 Aug 2002 14:08:25 -0400

Renato Arruda <rla9216@rit.edu> writes:

> Sorry for my ignorance, but what do i need to get to get an namei fileserver?
> do i need to recompile the fileserver part of openafs with the correct
> parameters in order to get it? (i assume from your reply that the namei
> fileserver is not shipped on the openafs distribution)

Yes, you need to reconfigure openafs and --enable-namei (or
--enable-namei-fileserver, I don't recall offhand... ./configure
--help to determine).  Then rebuild and install the new fileserver.

> Also other than a significant performance loss (read from some older posts)
> should i be aware if i choose to use a namei fileserver?

Yes, the namei fileserver may still have the CopyOnWrite bug.

> -renato

-derek