[OpenAFS] AFS-K5 transition

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:18:43 -0400

>Heh, don't get me wrong. It's complete for sure. I was just looking for
>something a little more "step by step"ish. I can figure it out, but if I get
>hit by a bus tomorrow, the department I work for might be in a bind for a
>while if the server crapped out. Basically I'm being lazy and not wanting to
>put together any more documentation then I have to :)

Well, shoot ... I mean, I thought I wrote enough documentation for everyone
already :-)

The problem I ran into was that in "step-by-step" instructions, people
tend to follow the steps without understanding what is going on.  But
in something like AFS and Kerberos 5, you get an inevitable series of
site-specific things that creep in over time.  Writing a generic series
of step-by-step instructions that would work for everyone gets to be too
complicated.  It can be done ... but what do you expect from free software
anyway?

But if you want, I can write you a series of site-specific documents
that will describe everything in detail in case you get hit by a truck
... contact me privately for my hourly rate :-)

--Ken