[OpenAFS] Kerberos, PAM, AFS

Jean-Marc Chaton jcn@austin.ibm.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:18:43 +0200

* Klaas Hagemann [Thu, 29/08/2002 at 11:07 +0200]
> Hi,
>
> i set up kerberos and afs working together correct.
> I use the pam_krb5 module for login and then do aklog manually or in
> /etc/profile.
>
> To get the linux-Home directory in AFS, doing aklog in /etc/profile is too
> late.
> Searching google, etc. i found a pam-module "pam_openafs_session.so".
>
> So i need a pam-module doing aklog and the afs session handling for me or
> something similar.
> But i could not find such a module.
> Can anyone tell me, where to find such a module and how to use it correctly?
>
> I want to get an afs-authentication to implement a user home directory for
> login and xdm-login.

I had the same problem. kpam just solved it  for me, it works well
(getting tickets and afs token) even in a gdm session. I'm not sure if
it's only  heimdal orientated or if it works also with MIT krb5.

http://devel.it.su.se/projects/kpam/

--
Jean-Marc Chaton    |   La Terre n'est pas un héritage de nos
IBM Paris AD Lab    | ancêtres, nous l'empruntons à nos enfants.