[OpenAFS] 'replication'

Rubino Geiß kb44@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:09:02 +0200

Hi,

this is exactly what we want. Doing something like "vos dump | vos
restore" cost far too much time, I guess.  My concern is to get our
systems productive in case a major failure make one of the main servers
unusable. dump / restore is usable in case one volume get accidentally
killed / deleted, but not for restoring >> 100 GB and hundreds of
volumes...

Hartmut, can you publish the changes you made to MR-AFS so we can
integrate it into OpenAFS? Or does someone did this??? I'm sure a lot of
people would like to get this working.

Bye, ruby