[OpenAFS] 'replication'

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
30 Aug 2002 19:55:42 +0200

    >> First of, I'm running both the server and client on only one
    >> machine, so maybe this is the problem.

    Dave> Just my nickel worth, but if the data is changing that
    Dave> often, and you're running your cell on a single machine
    Dave> anyway, maybe it's not worth your trouble to replicate these
    Dave> volumes.

The plan is to have more. I just don't have the money right now...

The thing is, it DOESN'T change that often. Replicating the public.*
volumes (public.ftp(.Linus,.windows) and public.web) hardly changes
at all, still it want's to do a 'complete release'...

IF I move the AFS volumes to it's separate server(s), and only have
the current machine as a slave, will the volumes still be locked
(when doing backup/replicated)?

Is the lock on the server or the client side?

--
Honduras Cuba jihad Waco, Texas class struggle South Africa Iran
attack Khaddafi explosion bomb DES nuclear Cocaine SDI