[OpenAFS] file size

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 03:38:29 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Hartmut Reuter wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> >
> > Theoretically the head already has the client side work done (thanks
> > Hartmut) but there's not really any good way to test it, as only the MRAFS
> > fileserver (and probably only the one Hartmut has) supports it.
> >
> > Hartmut, am I correct?
> >
> > -D
>
> Not only theoretically! But you are right, today probably only our
> MR-AFS fileservers contain such big files. However, there is work in
> progress also for OpenAFS thanks R. Lindsay Todd <toddr@rpi.edu>. For
> details you better ask there.

Woo-hoo!

It actually occurred to me while I was on a plane yesterday that the
remaining code to write, all of which should be in the fileserver,
shouldn't be that hard to write (assuming you run the fileserver on an OS
which similarly supports these large files).

Then I got tired, and sort of dozed off.