[OpenAFS] LDAP & AFS

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
05 Dec 2002 08:19:35 -0500

We are currently testing a scheme that uses open-Ldap for user info (
uid, /path/to/home/dir) and auths directly against kerberos / afs
database.
In this situation a process like ftp or samba is directed via
nswitch.conf to look to ldap for the user info and then via pam to auth
to afs. This requires no ldap-hooks to afs but it does mean maintaining
a user database (less passwords) outside of afs.
We currently are using Berkley database with open-ldap. Next step is to
test against Mysql.
At some point I would like to create clearer docs on this .. its just a
matter of finding the time.
/sd

--
Steve Devine