[OpenAFS] Lost RW volume

Martha.Cofran@cexp.com Martha.Cofran@cexp.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:44:08 -0700

Thanks Jimmy,

I ran the dump on root.afs and it work ok, but when I did this on root.cell
I got the following.  Any ideas?  Also, I no longer have a mount point
/afs/.cell and can't create one.  Will this be fixed if I get the dump to
work on root.cell?

Thanks,
Martha

Restoring volume root.cell Id 536870915 on server uscobrmfa-ue-17 partition
/vic
epa ..Failed to start transaction on 536870915
Volume needs to be salvaged
Error in vos restore command.
Volume needs to be salvaged

Signal handler: vos dump operation