[OpenAFS] help! volume corruption caused by lots of files

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
08 Dec 2002 13:34:13 -0600

> Derrick,
>
> I believe this is correctly stated in the AFS FAQ:
>
> source: http://www.angelfire.com/hi/plutonic/afs-faq.html#sub2.19
>

>       Subject: 2.19 What are the ~/.__afsXXXX files
>
>    They are temporary reference files used by the AFS Cache Manager.

It should be noted that for a while, there was a bug in at least the
linux client that was causing the .__afsXXXX files to not go away. I'm
pretty sure that was fixed a few months back though.