[OpenAFS] Backup Error

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:27:30 -0500

Hi,
My AFS backups have been running fine for months. Recently, I am receivin=
g=20
this error when trying to append a dump:

Can't append: Can't position to end of dump on tape afsbackups.sunday.1
     butm: unexpected tape datablock
butm: Tape close failed. Error 22
Warning: Can't close tape
     butm: error during tape close: Invalid argument
******* OPERATOR ATTENTION *******
Device :  /dev/st0
Please put in last tape of dump set for appending dump afsbackups.monday=20
(DumpID 1039528755) and hit return when done

The first dump (/sunday) works with no errors. I have ran /usr/sbin/vos=20
backupsys -localauth before the next incremental dump (/sunday/monday).

The command to start the dump is: backup dump afsbackups /sunday/monday 0=
=20
-append

There are no errors in /usr/afs/logs/BackupLog.

OpenAFS server 1.2.2 is running on RedHat 7.1.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike