[OpenAFS] A few questions now

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:09:22 +0000

hi,

> If you're running a backup or vos move against it, volume will be busy.

Hmm, that's just what grabs me as weird though; nothing is using the volume
at the time, at least nothing that I'm actively aware of doing.

> > of the directory above it, instead of being set to=20
> > system:administrators
>
> That's broke if it is doing that. It should automatically get the
> permissions of the parent dir. Please double check this.=20

Looks like you're right. :/ Now I have absolutely _no_ idea why arbitrary
directories under the AFS tree seem to get admin-only permissions at times.
I will keep a closer eye on it and see if I can track down a pattern.

thanks,
--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253