[OpenAFS] OpenAFS future ramblings

Ian Delahorne ian@assv.net
11 Dec 2002 23:23:36 +0100

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> On 11 Dec 2002, Ian Delahorne wrote:
>
> > "Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:
> >
> > > The client cache works JUST FINE on journalling file systems. It is
> > > solely reiserfs that it has a problem with because you cannot retrieve a
> > > file from an inode number. Ext3 works just dandy for cache partitions.
> > > In fact, on many of my machines (and after January 6th, all 140+ of
> > > them), the cache partition is ext3, and everything else is reiserfs.
> > > File server is running on reiserfs for it's vice partitions as well.
> >
> > What's it like with UFS mounted logging?
>
> Does UFS support logging on Linux? Because that's what the original
> question was;-) On Solaris, there's a problem, but that problem doesn't
> seem to affect any of my Linux machines.

Hey, it sounded like it meant ALL OSen :-)

But as a tangent, what's the problem with logging and where is it on
the "to be fixed" list (as in "when I get around to it" "when hell
freezes over" "when sun releases the UltraSparc III specs" "when MS
releases the source to NT")
--
/Ian D
ian@assv.net - www.assv.net