[OpenAFS] OpenAFS future ramblings

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:31:54 +0000

hi,

> > Actually, this would be sort of nice because then you could repeat
> > cdroms and other mounts (perhaps even other network mounts) in part
> > of your AFS namespace.  That's another "feature" of other network
> > filesystems that I forgot to mention.

> oh, you want to *export* random things in the AFS file space. if you want
> readonly, e.g. cdroms, literally, this could be done, but not likely from
> random clients.

Well, would it be difficult to export any locally mounted filesystem
read-only, and to set ACLs on the mount points only?
That is all I really desire in that area.

Besides that, I think the original reply was talking about mounting
local space under AFS space on that machine only.  If you can do it, why
not, but I would also like it if AFS could serve as a repeater for
filesystems that the fileserver has local mounts for.  (?)

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253