[OpenAFS] Backup-strategy

Todd M. Lewis openafs-info@openafs.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:16:47 -0500

Users have implicit administer rights in any directory they own,
regardless of whether they are listed explicitly on the directory's ACL.
They may not be allowed to change ACLs; that doesn't mean they don't do
it. :-)

Wasn't there some discussion earlier about changing that behavior (of
OpenAFS that is, not of users)?

Klaas Hagemann wrote:
> Todd,
>
> i thought of making backup using the vos dump and vos restore commands and
> save the dumps on disk.
> So i know very well, that i do not save ACLs, users are not allowed to
> change the acl here.
>
> Thanks,
> Klaas

   / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu                  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
  /(919) 962-5273  Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer. /