[OpenAFS] token theft under XP (High security option)

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:38:19 -0500

At 09:49 AM 12/13/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Token theft is an issue with windows, not necessary with just XP.
>
>Basically there was no solution to destroy tokens when the user logs out so
>the token is left around for the next user who logs on to grab (if they know
>the previous username).

This doesn't make any sense to me.  We've been using Transarc's AFS since
it came out for Win32.  The following article definitely says that the
token is destroyed.  This is from the mouths of the Transarc developers.

http://www.transarc.ibm.com/TRACS/afs/54630

Is the token destroyed, or is it not?  Which is it?  My observations are
that it is.

Rodney