[OpenAFS] Small suggestion for RH spec file?

Deniz Akkus Kanca deniz@arayan.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:04:34 +0200

Hello,

Currently the RH RPM, openafs-client overwrites /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB and
saves the original as /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB.rpmsave

I looked at the spec file for building the RPMs:

The line:
%config /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB

can be changed to:
%config(noreplace) /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB

in which case, RPM does not overwrite the /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB already
present, but puts in the new file as /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB.rpmnew

I'd like to suggest that this behavior is preferable.
I find the current behavior problematic since I use a modified CellServDB that
includes just our cell and updating via RPM on a number of clients has been
cumbersome due to the present behavior of writing over CellServDB.

Best regards,
Deniz