[OpenAFS] openafs 1.2.7 and digital unix 5.0a

Mattias Amnefelt mattiasa@e.kth.se
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:17:32 +0100

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:50:33PM +0100, Heiko Backes wrote:
> Dear openafs-users,
>
>   we installed tru64 digital unix 5.0a on our dec alpha 3000 machine,
> downloaded the openafs version 1.2.7 for this operating system from the openafs
> homepage, and followed the installation instructions, i.e. building a new
> kernel etc.
>   When we try to start the afs start-script after reboot it stops with the
> message:
> "BAD SYSTEM CALL"
> The same happens when we re-build the afsd from the sources. Does anybody have
> a solution to this problem?

Hello!

I am unsure as to what the documentation says, but it is normaly not
necessary to rebuild the kernel. OpenAFS now has working
module-support for Tru64.

If you copy the file afs.mod from root.client/bin in the distribution
tarball into /subsys on your machine and then run "sysconfig -c afs"
you should be able to start afsd.

We should probably rewrite the startscript to reflect this :)

/mattiasa