[OpenAFS] Future of AFS? Interesting Ideas!?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:28:52 -0600

Seems to me that if someone wanted to replace pts, the approach that
needs to be taken is to provide a ptserver that uses ldap as it's back
end, if that is even possible.=20

Then, you could just distribute two ptserver's, one that used ubik
internally, the other that passed through all queries to an ldap server.

Feel free to implement and submit a path.

For authentication, Kerberos is already there and available, seems like
no reason exists to reinvent that wheel.=20

-- Nathan