[OpenAFS] Cache Consistency problem

Kağan Coşkun zomlak@hotmail.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:42:11 +0200

Hi All,

We are having some cache consistency problems. Sometimes the afs client on
our web server does not represent the actual files on the some volumes. That
is when someone uploads a new file to his directory the file is not noticed
on the client side. The volume is a read/write volume. And the problem can
be overcomed by creating a file on the volume using the client and also
flush commands work too.

And another point actual cache size is bigger then the defined cache size in
/usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo. It is 100MB.

[root@cs kaan]# du /usr/vice/cache/ -h
32k     /usr/vice/cache/D0
25M     /usr/vice/cache/D1
54M     /usr/vice/cache/D2
53M     /usr/vice/cache/D3
44M     /usr/vice/cache/D4
175M    /usr/vice/cache

Our client is openafs-client-1.2.3-rh7.2.2.

Any ideas to track the problem?

Kaan