[OpenAFS] Question about Large Files

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:14:14 +0100

Sven Oehme wrote:

> has anybody ever created a file > 2 G in a AFS Volume ? IBM AFS is not
> able to so .
> is this possible with a Namei Fileserver on a Filesystem with Large file
> Support ?

Yes, we have files up to 20 GB

Presently this is possible only with the combination of MR-AFS servers
and clients built from OpenAFS CVS. I know that rpi.edu is working on an
OpenAFS fileserver with large file support. For details about the status
ask "R. Lindsay Todd" <toddr@rpi.edu>.

Hartmut Reuter

> i have seen a lot of discussions already , but no clear answer ..
>
> Sven

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)