[OpenAFS] OpenAFS documentation

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:25:52 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of rewriting all of the INN manual pages into POD and
> > then generating man pages using pod2man, since I find POD source
> > considerably more maintainable.  I've gotten relatively fast at doing that
> > from a source document and doing some basic proof-reading while I'm at it.
> > Would you folks be at all interested in my doing that with what manual
> > pages there are for the AFS command-line utilities?
>
> In a word: yes.
> In more words: I kept meaning to work on them, but, what free time?

A while back I downloaded all the pages from the AFS Admin Reference, with
the intent of turning them into man pages, as they seemed more up-to-date
than the current catman pages.

There are over 250 pages, though.  I had a set of perl scripts that would
convert the HTML to nroff, but each one required extra cleaning-up.  I
finished around 100 of them before the tediousness overcame me.  Plus, I
fear I'm too young to truely appreciate nroff, so the generate code was a
bit bizarre.

It might be useful to start with the HTML versions and then convert them
to the POD source you suggest.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]