[OpenAFS] PHP and AFS?

Andrew Leahy aleahy@knox.edu
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:46:47 -0600

Russ Allbery wrote:

> It's not at all clear to me what you're asking.  Presumably PHP can call
> external programs, so you can acquire credentials and then run pts, vos,
> etc. to do whatever you want.  But that's too simple, so that must not be
> what you're asking about.

I think the question was along the lines of a question I've had for a
while:  Are there any API's for administering AFS from a scripting
language?  For instance, there are some nice object-oriented API's in Perl
and PHP which make it easy to design web-based interfaces for manipulating
an LDAP server.  Clearly, it's possible to use these scripting languages to
call external AFS programs, but manually parsing the output of all of the
different AFS programs is likely to become tedious.

Andrew Leahy