[OpenAFS] Small suggestion for RH spec file?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
29 Dec 2002 13:55:05 -0500

"Steven N. Hirsch" <shirsch@adelphia.net> writes:

> In my case, it wouldn't make any difference.  My route to the corporate
> AFS server goes over a VPN link which is not up all the time.  Even with
> dynroot, the system hangs if I accidently try to cd into that part of the
> /afs/* tree when the link is down.

I submitted a patch that would timeout a server quickly if the route
to that server does not exist.  It may not work properly for a VPN
if you have some other "default" route, but you may be able to play
some route hackery.

> I need to control what appears in the CellServDB file - period.

Why?

> Principle of least surprise suggests that user-modified configuration
> files ought be left alone.

CellServDB.local would be a user-modified configuration file.  CellServDB
is not.  CellServDB.global is not.  If you modify CellServDB.local
it will not be changed.

> Just my $0.02.
>
> Steve

-derek