[OpenAFS] Volserver error

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:03:54 -0500

Hi,
After building a third AFS server, I am receiving the following error whe=
n I=20
try to release a volume:

[root@afsb2 db]# vos release fap
Failed to start a transaction on the RO volume.
VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
The volume 536871654 could not be released to the following 1 sites:
               afsb2.dmz.reserveamerica.com /vicepa
VOLSER: release could not be completed
Error in vos release command.
VOLSER: release could not be completed

I do have tokens:

[root@afsb2 db]# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@reserveamericax [Expires Dec 31 06:43]
   --End of list--
[root@afsb2 db]#

And I was able to add the replication site for this volume:

[root@afsb2 db]# vos addsite afsb2 /vicepa fap
Added replication site afsb2 /vicepa for volume fap

There is nothing in /usr/afs/logs/* pertaining to thie error.
All servers are running OpenAFS 1.2.8 and RedHat 7.3.
Thanks
mike