[OpenAFS] Small suggestion for RH spec file? (keeping CellServDB up-to-date on *nix clients)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:04:36 -0500 (EST)

> That's easy. If that file does not exist. Nothing happens.
> If the "master" file disappears then the local copy is the "last best
> good version".
> If it is not actively maintained, then how well maintained is the cell?

How well does it need to be? If the users can read and write their files,
that's sufficient.

> Are the cell admins looking after the cell or not?.

If it works, "no" is actually a fine answer.

> Clearly for this to work, cell admins would need to maintain their
> site "master" /afs/@cell/common/CellServDB file. It's not so hard to do
> and provides a reference point for cell admins to do remote cell mounts
> (in "root.othercells"  for a faster "ls /afs" but that's another issue).

Sure, but I don't really see why it's safe to assume that they will do it.