[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] pagsh and big uid with linux

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:06:37 -0600 (CST)

> > > In all my years of using AFS I have NEVER seen these be 'real' groups.
> >
> > The groups are in the /etc/group file before i call
> > setpag().
> >
> > I can read and write files. Only I can't unlink files.
>
> This is normal behavior for AFS.  It has always done this.

I can verify the same behavior on Solaris (using sh-utils id, or Solaris
'id -a').  The original post says "big uid" -- my UID is 100.

Is there a certain range of group ids that should be avoided?  All the
pag groups look like they're close to 2^15.

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy