[OpenAFS] Feedback on 1.2.3 release

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Feb 2002 12:08:00 -0500

"Steven N. Hirsch" <shirsch@adelphia.net> writes:

> - openafs-client-1.2.3-rh7.2.2.i386.rpm cheerfully overwrote my CellSrvDB
>   file.  I don't recall having this occur with prior upgrades.

That's because there were no updates in prior versions, but in this
version I updated to the most recent CellServDB from
grand.central.org.  Then again, it is marked as a config file in the
SPEC, so I don't know why it changed your version, unless of course
you made no local changes.  Check to see if there is a .rpmsave
version of the file?

> - The client package no longer includes /usr/vice/etc/makesymtable.  Was
>   this an intentional omission?  If so, why?

This is intentional.  You should use 'afsmodname -x' to perform the
same function and 'makesymtable' used to do.  Unfortunately I
neglected to update the documentation to this affect.  I'll see if I
can update that soon, but I don't plan to make another release at the
moment.

My appologies.

-derek