[OpenAFS] Strange Volume / Version Compatibility

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:12:35 +0100

This is a NAMEI-interface server, so you can see the files in the
vice-partition. Generally I would say "vos dump" should not change
anything in your volume, therefor I guess it is a problem with your
filesystem or partition.

The data belonging to the volume should be in

/vicep<x>/AFSIDat/U/U+++U/

So you could try a "tar cvf anywhere /vicep<x>/AFSIDat/U/U+++U/" and see
what happens. You also could do a "du /vicep<x>/AFSIDat/U/U+++U/" and
see whether the number of blocks is reasonable.

BTW, what kind of filesystem are you using?

Hartmut Reuter