[OpenAFS] File server allegedly unavailable

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:04:49 +0000

Earlier I reported that when I changed the IP address of the
affected machine (from 130.88.203.164 to 130.88.203.180), the
problem went away, though it returned when I changed the
IP address back to 203.164.

I can now report that changing the IP address of another machine
to 203.164 (having first stopped this one, so that there are
not two machines with the same IP address, of course), causes
the problem to occur on that machine.  It disappears when I
return the machine to its original IP address (203.174).

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk