[OpenAFS] Authentication Wiki Topics

Ted Anderson ota@transarc.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:13:51 -0500 (EST)

As a way to gets some experience with Wiki, I have created a collection
of pages on the general topic of authentication.  I reviewed OpenAFS
mailing lists (both -info and -devel) since the first of the year for
discussions about authentication problems.  I extracted advice when
possible or just used the messages as reminders of things that need
explaining otherwise.  As such, the pages are very rough and in many
cases serve more as an outline than anything else.  The starting point
is SettingUpAuthentication[1], which outlines the basic authentication
systems and lists some additional subjects that need explaining.

A few folks have already jumped in and extended, added on and corrected
these pages.  (Thanks!)  I'd like to encourage others who have given or
received advice in this area to check out what is there and make
improvements too.  For example, the AuthCommands[2] page has a section
for each system that mostly lists commands, but maybe giving each its
own HOWTO page would be more helpful for new users.  Someone who has
successfully (recently) setup each type of authentication environment
would be an ideal author for such a page.

General Wiki advice: it isn't as complicated or difficult as it looks.
Just jump in and _edit_.  Old versions of each page are kept so you
can't do much damage!  Also don't forget to login.  Registering[3] is
easy.  It isn't mandatory though; you can make anonymous contributions
as TWikiGuest.

Ted Anderson

[1] http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/SettingUpAuthentication
[2] http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/AuthCommands