[OpenAFS] File server allegedly unavailable

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:33:30 -0600 (CST)

> Charles Clancy <security@xauth.net> writes:
>
> > Would this possibly fix the problem of multiple AFS clients behind a NAT
> > gateway?
>
> No.  You can already have multiple AFS clients behind a NAT -- you
> just need to set the NAT UDP timeouts to be fairly large.

I tried upping the UDP timeouts on the Win2K NAT routing from 60 seconds
to an hour.  I can get 1 client working fine.  However, when a second
client on a second machine tries to connect, things stop working.

For example:

host1$ find /afs -follow
(things start going...)

minute or so later:
host2$ find /afs -follow
(things go on both hosts for a couple seconds, and then both hosts stop)
(and give 'connection timed out')

I've been unsuccessful with attempts to use both IPF on Solaris and
Win2K server's built in routing.

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy