[OpenAFS] how to integrate auth with Linux system

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 01:54:45 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Mike Lee wrote:

> Thank you
>
> Charles Clancy wrote:
>
> >>Now I am using NIS auth, and how to just use one command to change two
> >>passwords(NIS and AFS)?
> >>

> >You don't want to have NIS passwords.  Set your NIS passwords to "*NP*",
> >
> you mean no password? after afs auth the user, the user would have the
> privilege to the Linux system?

Sure; Essentially by doing an AFS authentication if you have a one to one
mapping of AFS user to local user for a given machine the user has
obviously proven their identity already and doesn't need to be verified a
second time with a second password. This is more or less the same answer
as you get to the question "how do I use NIS with Kerberos?"

-D