[OpenAFS] OpenAFS logon token problem...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:26:28 -0500

Hello,

I've been using Transarc's version of AFS since it came out as a client for
Microsoft NT.  We are now migrating to a true kerberos 5 environment with
OpenAFS clients.  At user logon we've taken the "afslogon.c" code and
modified only very slightly to shell out and perform a kinit, then
aklog.  Within the aklog code we simply modified the ktc_SetToken() call so
that it would set the logon user's token with AFS_SETTOK_LOGON.  This works
fine under Transarc's version of AFS.

We are now trying to switch to OpenAFS and are finding a problem.  When we
logon we get a dialog from the AKLOG code that says "Bad ticket length"
which is equal to the define KTC_INVAL.  If I don't try to use the
AFS_SETTOK_LOGON define in ktc_SetToken() the AKLOG works fine under OpenAFS.

Does anyone have any idea of what changed in OpenAFS's code tree that would
effect the operation of the ktc_SetToken() call within AKLOG?

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodney

Rodney M. Dyer
PC Systems Programmer
College of Engineering Computing Services
Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
Phone (704)687-3518
Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
FAX (704)687-2352