[OpenAFS] how to integrate auth with Linux system

Mike Lee mike.li@bamboonetworks.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:09:54 +0800

Thank you

Charles Clancy wrote:

>First, kill all your NIS passwords:
>
>cat /var/nis/domain.net/data/passwd | awk \
>'BEGIN{FS=":"}{$2="*NP*"}{s=$1}{for (i=2;i<=NF;i++) s=s":"$i}{print s}' > \
>/tmp/passwd

in my case, the passwd file is directly in /etc, nis folder is /var/yp.
so I have to cp it to another place and change the makefile to point to
the new one?
and later when adduser should work with that file.

the server which will host AFS, now is cvs server, and auth user against
system auth.

I donot know when the cvs auth a user, it base on /etc/passwd,
/etc/shadow or base on PAM login?