[OpenAFS] Error Setting up Server: problem with host name

Victor victord@paid.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:07:03 -0500

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Victor wrote:
>
> > Really frustrating, I am getting this error. I've tried to resetup
> > everything twice now. /vicepa mounts a partiong, kernel module is
loaded.
> > What is causing this? What step did I miss? Binaries exist in
/usr/afs/bin

> > test[/usr/afs]# /usr/afs/bin/bos create test.domain.com \
> >                 buserver simple /usr/afs/bin/buserver \
> >                 -cell domain.com -noauth
> >
> > /usr/afs/bin/buserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed
>
> does the hostname match what's in dns? does the hostname match what's in
> /etc/hosts? is there a bogus "localhost" entry in /etc/hosts?

No. There is no dns entry. Yep, it was the localhost line. I had the
hostname for machine there too. For some reason, it blew everything up

127.0.0.1     test localhost localhost.localdomain
192.168.1.200 test.domain.com test

And that didn't work. Removing test from 127.0.0.1 seemed to fix the issue.
I don't see why it was wrong before. Hmm, well, lets see how the next few
things go