[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:04:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_049B_01C1B497.626D82D0

Hi,
I have configured a Sun Ultra 10 (running Solaris 2.6 and Tranarc AFS) =
to be an AFS server machine to 2 clients (running RedHat 7.1 and an =
OpenAFS version). The task is to move the AFS server processes from the =
Sun machine to one of the Linux clients. I installed the openafs-server =
RPM on the client machine and turned the server ON in =
/etc/sysconfig/afs. The server processes do work on the new server, =
although, when I try to turn the server processes off (I renamed the =
BosConfig file in /usr/afs/local) on the Ultra 10, I cannot get AFS to =
start on any of the three machines. I also updated all CellServDB files =
and removed the entry for the Ultra 10. Anyone see this problem or =
something similar?
Thanks,
Mike

------=_NextPart_000_049B_01C1B497.626D82D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have configured a Sun Ultra 10 =
(running Solaris=20
2.6 and Tranarc AFS) to be an AFS server machine to 2 clients (running =
RedHat=20
7.1 and an OpenAFS version). The task is to move the AFS server =
processes from=20
the Sun machine to one of the Linux clients. I installed the =
openafs-server RPM=20
on the client machine and turned the server ON in /etc/sysconfig/afs. =
The server=20
processes do work on the new server, although, when I try to turn the =
server=20
processes off (I renamed the BosConfig file in /usr/afs/local) on the =
Ultra 10,=20
I cannot get AFS to start on any of the three machines. I also updated =
all=20
CellServDB files and removed the entry for the Ultra 10. Anyone see this =
problem=20
or something similar?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_049B_01C1B497.626D82D0--