[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Derek Atkins openafs" <openafs-info@openafs.org
14 Feb 2002 11:24:01 -0500

"Michael Aldrich" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com> writes:

> > > The KeyFile is not a generated file?
> >
> > Um, in a word... NO!   It is generated, somewhat, at the beginning,
> > but to add a server to your cell you have to copy the KeyFile.
> >
> > Did you even read the IBM/Transarc AFS documentation?  In particular
> > the section on "How to add a server to your cell"?
>
> Yes, repeatedly.

Then why didn't you copy the KeyFile?  It specifally says you need
to do that:

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg006.htm#HDRWQ114

>  When I try to add bos create commands, I get You are
> unauthorized...
> I use the command klog admin
> passwd: <enter the password created for admin on the first server machine>
> Unable to authenticate to AFS because user doesn't exist.!?
> I try on my server machine (Sun box) and get the same error! I created the
> account 'admin' when the machine was first installed. Admin does exist in
> the 'UserList'.

Well, at this point it's quite possible that you've destroyed your
KADB.  Or, your client may be looking at the wrong server (because
your Linux box isn't really in the same Cell as your Sun box, so it
doesn't have your Database files).  I don't know which is the real
case, and I have no more time to offer you free support of this
nature.  Perhaps someone else can help you.

Good Luck,

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins