[OpenAFS] The status of Windows support...

Shyh-Wei Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:37:52 -0800

Saving user profile to AFS was one of the few issues we did not spend much
time on in the past.  I will take a look at it in the next few days.

The Windows clients have been working fine for most people. Some may have
experienced some difficulty with Kerberos5 environments. Some documentation
on this topic should go into Wiki.

There has been some off-line discussion on how to make OpenAFS more
integrated in Windows environment and some organization may be stepping
forward to do this with good Windows resources.  This would certainly help.

The Arla/IFS port that KTH people are talking about implementing would make
available an additional choice with optimal performance.  Encouraging!

Shyh-Wei Luan