[OpenAFS] Moving AFS server processes

Todd_DeSantis@transarc.com Todd_DeSantis@transarc.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:40:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi -

I've been watching this thread for a long time and I think we know
that there were many gotchas during the moving of the AFS server
binaries to the new machine
	config files
	DB files
	etc

One thing that you might want to do is the following :

 - make sure that the server binaries in /usr/afs/bin
   have execute permissions on them.  Many times folks ftp
   these binaries to the new machine and fail to set the
   execute bit on the binaries.

 - another thing to do is to start the binaries manually
   instead of through the bosserver to see if you get any
   better error messages.

	/usr/afs/bin/kaserver &

   or

	/usr/afs/bin/fileserver &
	/usr/afs/bin/volserver &

   You could even truss the above and see what is up.

Thanks

Todd