[OpenAFS] AFS on SGI-IRIX

Stephan Wonczak sws@sherlock.pc.uni-koeln.de
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:43:37 +0100

  Hi!
  I suspect this is a hoplessly newbie-style question, but here goes:

  I want to install OpenAFS on an SGI machine with an enabled nfs. I
downloaded the executable tarball (v1.2.3), but here I can only find the
*.nonfs.a-libraries. Compiling the 1.2.3-source, I am also missing the
'withnfs'-libs.
  The online-manual instructs me to use the 'withnfs'-libs and does not
say anything about the effects of using the .nonfs-libs. Interestingly,
there are some links to 'withnfs'-libs, but they are pointing to nothing.
Is there something wrong with the SGI distribution?

		C U, Stephan

   "I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it."
   "The meaning of my life is to make me crazy"