[OpenAFS] RAID, AFS and tokens

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:06:24 -0600 (CST)

>  After installing an Ultra-3 Antares RAID Controller and a hardware RAID
> device on a E250 running Solaris 2.6 and AFS 3.6, we realised that ALL Windows
> Clients (98/NT/2000) were unable to obtain tokens. On the contrary UNIX
> and Linux clients noticed no difference.

Out of curiosity, did you "drvconfig", "disks", "format", "newfs", and
"mount" the array -- or just plug it in?  I assume that since it's a
hardware RAID, you're not using Veritas, or one of the other software-RAID
packages.

In any case, I can't see how it would be related to a problem obtaining
tokens.  What specific error do you get on Windows?  Maybe it somehow
affected your system time.

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy