[OpenAFS] admin password change

Michael Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:36:00 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_030C_01C1BE12.20522E30

Hi,
Is it possible to change the 'admin' password without knowing the =
original password? The only other login in UserList does not have =
privileges to change the admin password. Problem is, the person who set =
up our AFS servers has since left the company, taking the admin password =
with him. I tried to change it using steps provided at =
http://www.transarc.ibm.com/Support/afs/admin/cellname.html, with no =
luck. This server is running the Transarc version. I was able to change =
the admin password using the OpenAFS version in a test environment....
Thanks
Mike

------=_NextPart_000_030C_01C1BE12.20522E30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is it possible to change the 'admin' =
password=20
without knowing the original password? The only other login in UserList =
does not=20
have privileges to change the admin password. Problem is, the person who =
set up=20
our AFS servers has since left the company, taking the admin password =
with him.=20
I tried to change it using steps provided at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.transarc.ibm.com/Support/afs/admin/cellname.html"><FON=
T=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D3>http://www.transarc.ibm.com/Support/afs/admin/cellname.html</FON=
T></A><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>, with no luck. This server is running =
the=20
Transarc version. I was able to change&nbsp;the admin =
password&nbsp;using the=20
OpenAFS version in a test environment....</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_030C_01C1BE12.20522E30--