[OpenAFS] Making screensaver updating token on solaris

Gunnar Gunnarsson gunnar@ki.ericsson.se
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:33:18 +0100

 > My only other suggestion is to use a different screen locker.
 > /usr/openwin/bin/xlock is out, because it doesn't support PAM.
 > Xscreensaver is good.  Of course, you'd have to instruct your users to
 > type "xscreensaver-command -lock" rather than clicking the lock icon on
 > the CDE front panel.

All actions can be redefined in CDE. I'm using xnlock as an
replacement that gives me afs and zephyr tickets as well. Read
comments in /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C/user-prefs.dt how to do this.

My actions is:

cat ~/.dt/types/xnlock.dt
ACTION LockDisplay
{
        LABEL           LockDisplay
        EXEC_STRING     /usr/athena/bin/xnlock
        WINDOW_TYPE   NO_STDIO
        TYPE            COMMAND
        ICON            Fplock
        DESCRIPTION     The LockDisplay action locks the workstation. \
                        You must know the user's or root password to \
                        unlock the workstation.

}